Saturday 31 March 2018

Review of the day

The frustrations of the past few weeks continued today – though this time the issue wasn’t with horses not quite winning – it was with me picking the wrong ones to tip !

Reading through the write-up, it’s quite amazing that I didn’t manage to tip a winner – as I correctly narrowed almost all of the days races down to the right 3 or 4 – but somehow, I managed to dodge all of the winners (from a tips perspective).

In fact, I issued 3 tips on the day and non of them went particularly close…

First up was Super Sid.
He was a risky one – and he never featured, running as poorly as he had done on his most recent outing at Chepstow.

The first 3 home were William of Orange, Chti Balco and Spectator – the only 3 others horses in the race that I mentioned in the write-up.

Impressive !

Next it was Behind Time – and a similar story…
His jumping went completely to pot – and he was pulled up before half way.

The race was won the Potters Legend: with Horatio Nelson second and Abracadabra Sivola fourth – 3 of the other 4 that I mentioned in the race.

Again, impressive !

The final tip to run was Milly Baloo.
Again I only mentioned 4 horses in the race – and amazingly, they filled the first 4 places.
Less amazing however, was the fact that Milly Baloo finished fourth (just behind third placed, Sheneededtherun).

With regard to the Mentions, then it was a similar story:

Amber Gambler was the first one to run and whilst I did consider tipping him – I just I couldn’t forgive a poor run last time.
Maybe unsurprisingly, he made me pay for that, with a gutsy win…

Castafiore was restrained in the mares handicap hurdle - and that compromised her chance of winning (and of trading short).
Lamanver Odyssey (who I thought the most likely winner) was first past the post – but subsequently lost the race in the stewards room.

Classic Ben didn’t really feature in the 4:25: though each way fancy, Nautical Nitwit ran on late to take 5th (which would have been particularly irritating if there hadn’t been a late NR, which meant bookies only paid out on the first 3 !).

Finally, Blameitalonmyroots ran no kind of race in the last.
I was unsure how she’d react to the removal of the cheek pieces  - the answered was not very well !!

Hopefully tomorrow will bring better…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of season report - 2017-18 (including survey feedback)

Overview As always, I’ll begin the season review with the headline figures: For the 2017-18 season (Nov 1 st – Apr 14 st ) a tota...